Chicken & Chickpea Masala
PowerXL Quick Pot
Recipe Type: PowerXL Quick Pot
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon Paprika
- 1.5 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 0.25 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 3 pound chicken, cut up with bones & skin intact
- 0.5 cup homemade chicken broth
- 0.5 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 0.5 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 ounce cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Place the Inner Pot in the PowerXL Quick Pot.
Press the Sauté Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Beef setting. Press the Program Dial again
to con rm the default setting and begin the cooking cycle (340° F/170° C for 20 mins.).
Add the butter to the Inner Pot and heat until the foaming subsides.
Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook while stirring until pale brown (about 5 mins.).
Add the cumin, paprika, coriander, turmeric, ground cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper and stir frequently until aromatic (about 30 secs.).
Add the tomatoes and spinach, place the Glass Lid on the PowerXL Quick Pot, and cook while stirring occasionally until the spinach is wilted (about 1 min.).
Add the chicken pieces, stock, and 1⁄4 cup cilantro.*
Place the Lid on the PowerXL Quick Pot and turn the Lid counterclockwise. The Lid will lock and the Pressure
Release Valve will close.
Press the Pressure Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Custom setting. Press the Timer Button, scroll to set the cooking time to 15 mins., and press the Program Dial to begin the cooking cycle.
When the timer reaches 0, the PowerXL Quick Pot will automatically switch to Keep Warm. Press the Cancel Button. Let the PowerXL Quick Pot sit to naturally release pressure. Then, slide the Steam Release Switch to the Open position. When the steam is released, remove the Lid.
Press the Sauté Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Beef setting. Press the Program Dial again to con rm the default setting and begin the cooking cycle (340° F/170° C for 20 mins.).
Add the heavy cream, chickpeas, and lemon juice and simmer while stirring frequently until the sauce is thickened.
13. Season with the salt, garnish with the rest of the cilantro, and serve immediately.