Recipe Type: PowerXL Vortex Air Fryer
- 0.5 cup Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 3 cup Chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 ounce Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Egg
- 0.25 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 0 fresh basil
1. Over medium heat, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add rice. Stir.
3. Add 1 cup chicken broth. Stir. Reduce to a simmer.
4. When most of the liquid has been absorbed, add another cup of broth. Stir.
5. When nearly all of the liquid has been absorbed, add remaining broth. Continue to simmer until liquid is all absorbed and the rice is tender.
6. Remove from heat. Add butter and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
7. Spread rice out on a baking sheet. Allow to cool.
8. Divide cooled rice into 6 portions. Shape each portion into a ball around a cube of mozzarella. Set aside.
9. Whisk together egg and milk.
10. Dredge each rice ball in the flour. Shake off any excess. Dip into the egg mixture.
11. Roll each rice ball in breadcrumbs to coat.
12. Set time and temperature to 17 minutes at 400º F. Allow the Air Fryer to preheat for 2 minutes.
13. Place 3 rice balls at a time inside the Fry Basket. Cook for 15 minutes. Repeat until all are cooked.
14. Serve rice balls warm with tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh basil.